Testing and outbreak control measures have been put in place in the Princes Park area and advice is being issued to residents.
In response to an increase in confirmed coronavirus cases in the Princes Park area, which includes parts of Toxteth, Dingle and the Canning area close to the city centre, an enhanced outbreak control action plan has been put in place.
This plan is designed to:
· rapidly control the spread of the virus
· protect vulnerable communities and the elderly in the area
· prevent the need for the city to have to go into any kind of additional local lockdown
Where to get tested - local pop-up centres
Everyone with symptoms, regardless of immigration status can book a free test at www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119. It’s really quick and easy to do, but remember only to leave the house to get this test.
Pop-up walk-in testing centres are also open every day of the week at:
· Princes Park Health Centre, 13 Bentley Rd, L8 0SY (enter via the car park off Kingsley Road) from 9am-4pm
· PAL Multicultural Centre, 68A Mulgrave St, L8 2TF from 10am-4pm
You can just drop in if you have symptoms - there is no need to book an appointment.
Advice for residents in the area
We are also asking people in the area to:
· follow the advice and guidance around social distancing
· wear face coverings in confined spaces, supermarkets and on public transport
· maintain social distancing with members of the same family who are from a different household
· not to visit other households unless the visit is essential - and if the visit is essential stay at least two metres away from anyone from a different household
· not stay overnight in a household you don’t live in
People who have been shielding up until 31st July 2020 have also been advised that they need to continue to protect themselves from risk by staying at home as much as possible and minimising their social contact in locations where the virus could be circulating.
If you need support to do this including with food or prescription, please call 0151 233 3066. People shielding should get a text or call about this and will all get a letter early next week which can be used to show employers.
Information about the coronavirus outbreak in the Princes Park area in other languages:
Information about what happens at pop up testing centres in other languages:
The information above is also available in video form in other languages here: https://vimeo.com/showcase/ourliverpool.
Content provided by NHS Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). For more information, please visit www.liverpoolccg.nhs.uk.
Published on Fri, 31 Jul 2020 13:58:42 GMT
Modified on Fri, 07 Aug 2020 16:16:30 GMT